Voting has closed. Thank you to everyone who participated in the “I Voted” Sticker design contest. Stay tuned to find out which stickers won.
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE ” I VOTED” STICKER ENTRIES
Pick your favorite design from three finalists in both the adult and youth categories of the “I Voted” sticker design, which was organized by Franklin Tomorrow, Williamson County Election Commission and the City of Franklin’s Public Arts Commission.
Online voting will be open starting at 10 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 14, and continue through Wednesday, Aug. 23, at 10 p.m. Click the button above to cast your vote. The top two designs in each category will be announced early in September and be available for voters to pick up after voting in the upcoming Franklin City election for mayor and four, at-large alderman posts.
“We were pleased to receive more than a dozen entries in the adult category and more than 50 in the youth category in such a short submittal timeframe,” said Mindy Tate, CEO of Franklin Tomorrow. “Our goal with the contest, and now the public voting, is to encourage engagement in the upcoming election as it will impact the future of the City of Franklin no matter the outcome. We hope wearing one of the designs will cause a sense of civic pride in those who get out and vote.”
Thank you to Visit Franklin, Williamson County’s Convention and Visitors Bureau, for providing prize baskets in both the adult and youth categories.
At its meeting Aug. 10, the WCEC reviewed and provided approval to proceed with the submissions. “We appreciate the partnership with Franklin Tomorrow on this initiative to give an opportunity for voters to show their civic pride in voting, “ said Jonathan Duda, Chairman of the Williamson County Election Commission. “The submissions that were received are excellent, and has brought fun and creativity to this election. We are looking forward to how the public responds and the results from the public voting.”
Early voting in the election will open on Wednesday, Oct. 4, and continue through Wednesday, Oct. 19, at the Williamson County Election Commission office, 405 Downs Blvd., Franklin, TN 37064. The last day to register to vote in the City election will be Monday, September 25.
To help educate voters about the issues and acquaint them with the candidates, several community organizations are coming together on Monday, Oct. 2, to host a Candidates’ Forum. The program will be held at Franklin City Hall, 5:30-8 p.m., and all candidates on the ballot are invited to participate in this event being presented by Franklin Tomorrow, Williamson Inc., Williamson County Association of REALTORS, and the League of Women Voters of Williamson County. Area media are also involved as partners or plan to cover the event.
Each candidate will be offered the chance to deliver a one-minute opening statement, as well as a one-minute closing statement. The candidates in contested races will each answer individual questions which have been prepared by the presenting organizations, but which are randomly selected throughout the program. There will be no advance knowledge of the questions by the candidates.
Franklin Tomorrow in partnership with the City of Franklin and its Public Arts Commission is excited to announce its inaugural “I Voted” sticker design contest. Residents of Williamson County can participate by creating an original design for “I Voted” stickers that will be given to voters in Franklin in the October 2023 election.
“I Voted” stickers are an opportunity for citizens to show their civic pride after voting. In addition to the direct engagement with the contests from participants and public voting on the entries, these contests will also bring attention to other aspects of election administration, such as poll workers, voting options, and more.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Eligible participants must acknowledge and agree to the official rules and guidelines before submitting their design.
- Designs can be submitted online or via mail.
- DIGITALLY: Fill out the appropriate design entry form (at the bottom of the page) based on age.
- BY MAIL: Download this form and mail in your submission.
- One entry per participant.
Official Rules and Guidelines:
- All entries must consist entirely of the artist’s original, non-copyright artwork and may not include photographs or trademarked images.
- Design submissions and/or creations cannot use any artificial intelligence (AI) generated artwork.
- All entries should be non-partisan and not reference any candidate, political party, or political issue.
- Participants must be a resident of Williamson County, TN.
- Franklin Tomorrow reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is determined to contain inappropriate images, profanity, nudity, or violates the contest rules.
- By entering the contest, the artist is allowing the Franklin Tomorrow, City of Franklin and its Public Arts Commission, and the Williamson County Board of Elections to use, reproduce, edit, and/or publish in any medium or media, their submission in whole or in part, for any non-commercial purpose in perpetuity.
- Sticker is to be used for 2023 election held in Williamson County, TN.
- The phrase “I Voted” must be included in the design.
- May be digital or hard copy.
- Must be an original design.
- Artwork must be non-partisan (cannot favor a political party or candidate).
- May not include any copyright images.
- Artwork should be limited to 4 colors or less.
- Must be circular and limited to a 4-inch diameter sticker.
- Finalized sticker will be approximately 2 inches in diameter.
- Submit your designs beginning June 17, 2023. The contest deadline will be 5:00 PM, August 4, 2023.
- Franklin Tomorrow, the City of Franklin and its Public Arts Commission will put together a panel to review submissions and select up to five finalists.
- The winner will be determined by public online vote in consultation with the Williamson County Election Commission guidelines. Voting will be open from 10:00 AM August 14, 2023 through 5:00 PM, August 23, 2023.
- Winning sticker will be announced early September 2023.